2008/11/29

First Shoes course came to an end successfully!

Thank you so much for all your contributions and encouragement!

The RubyLeaning first Shoes programming course came to an end successfully yesterday. I'd been really enjoying this batch and learning a lot.

I got an VERY interesting behavior (code).

# sample52-render.rb
ROOMS.each_with_index do |r, i|
name, paths = r.chomp.split(':')
@rooms[i].style :name => name, :paths => paths
end

I have noticed that if we add an undefined option like :oops as one of the arguments, no error will occur and nothing will happen, it will just be ignored.

But I didn't understand the real effect of Shoes style method. We can add (use) any symbols as like as Ruby attr_accessor!!

We did this exercise in the first Shoes course. Then I could find this usage. ;-)

Is it confusing for you? Or curious? hahaha

I'm now thinking about next 2nd batch and going to prepare new exercises.
See you all in the next batch!!

ashbb

No comments:

O'Reilly Ruby Books

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter